Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Today I Learned About ATP-ADP

My skin doctor, Dr. Eric Lewis, is an incredible person. He is also very interesting. One of the things that makes him so interesting is that he kinda lives 2 lives at one time.

I have always said that I live "dog years". I can get accomplished in one year what it would take the average person to do in 7 years..lol...lol...

Everyone has a story. I find that people's stories are more fascinating than any fiction you could read or watch.

Dr. Lewis' story is that he only sleeps 2 hours and 15 minutes a night. It is a genetic thing with the males in his family. After the age of 15 they only sleep 2 hours and 15 minutes. He said he goes to sleep at midnight and wakes up at 2:15am.

I started asking him questions and he told me all about ATP & ADP. Which occurs in every living thing. The special thing that occurs in the males in Dr. Lewis' family is called ATPase. Dr. Lewis said that only 1 out of every 20,000,000 families has this.

I asked him, "Do you dream?" And he said, "No." He goes into a dead sleep. He did have dreams up until the age of 15 years old. He said that he still remembers his dreams. He said that he misses dreaming but would not change things if he could. He said that he has lots of hobbies and businesses because of the need to not sleep. When you think of it, you should would have a lot of extra time on your hands.

I asked him, "So Dr. Lewis, I bet you have read a lot of books?" And he said, "No, I have never read a novel. I have dyslexia and so do the males in my family." I asked him how he got through medical school without reading and he said it was very difficult.

I found the whole ATP-ADP thing interesting. To better understand how it works someone made a youtube video (with Fruit Loops) that explains the cycle. Interesting I tell... just plain interesting....

I would not trade my "dog years" for Dr. Lewis' "light years".... I love dreaming way too much.

This is my favorite picture.

Ciao

P.S. It's 100 degrees here today, the wind is blowing and Santa Barbara is burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment