Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Status of House Hunting in PA

I have spent the last two days running around looking at houses and apartments for rent in and around the Bloomsburg area. I am not finding what I want and I think it is because I am feeling a bit stressed. I don't feel as if I can operate on a leisurely time line. Which is true... I can't.

At this point my main goal is to get out of California. I feel that should be my number one priority. Where I land will all work out.

There are two places that I could move to, however here's the deal on both of them: First place is in Bloomsburg on East 3rd Street. It's nice and clean. It's a 1/2 double. The owners live in the other half. The house has some good points and bad points. Good points, clean, washer and dryer in the basement. Bad points, the owners have a ton of "rules". For example, "If you hang pictures, make sure you put the nails in the wall this way. No BBQ grill of any sorts." The owners are a very sweet old couple which means that that don't have a life and may want to make my life part of their life. Hummm......... maybe I have been living in California too long. Okay, so it might take me some time to get friendly with the neighbors. They sit on their front porch like a lot (I have seen them as we drove around) and I don't really want someone watching me come and go. There is absolutely no yard at all and there is only street permit parking.

Then there is a place that is 15 minutes outside of the city. It is on a golf course and is also a 1/2 double. It is more modern and has central airconditioning. The thing is it looked like shit when I walked through it. The walls were a mess, there were like a ton of dead flies in it. The carpets looked a mess and needed to be streteched. The real estate lady said that the place would be all fixed up by the time I arrived June 1st. However, hears the deal... I guess I have lived in California a bit too long because I operate by believing none of what I hear and half of what I see. I told her that I just didn't feel comfortable signing a lease and agreeing to an apartment that looked like crap and hoping it would look different when I arrived. If these people really wanted to rent it they should fix it now. I couldn't take the chance of arriving to find nothing had been done and it looked a mess.

Right now I am considering having my furniture delivered to a storage unit in Bloomsburg and camping out for the month of June in Wilkes Barre at my man's place while looking for a place on the weekends in Bloomsburg. That is what makes the most sense to me right now.

The picture is of the city of Wilkes Barre, PA.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment