Saturday, May 16, 2009

Something I will miss and Something I won't miss

Sees Candy was started in 1921 here in Los Angeles. They are the manufacturer and distributor of primarly chocolate. I have been fortunate to have a store 3 blocks from my home. I can't imagine working there. I think I would be sick of chocolate at the end of my first work day.

My absolute favorite chocolate in the whole wide world is Galaxy chocolate. I have eaten chocolate everywhere, Iceland, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, London. Galaxy chocolate is made by the Mars Company. Supposedly Dove chocolate, which is also made by the Mars Company is the same chocolate in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Middle East. I have eaten Dove chocolate and I have eaten Galaxy and they don't taste the same to me... nor to other people.. as I have found on the Internet. I actually don't mind when I have a layover in London or have to change planes as I know that I will have an opportunity to stock up on some Galaxy chocolate. I use to have it shipped to me. It cost too much money in the summer months as it has to be shipped on dry ice. If I were captured and threatened to be drowned in a vat of Galaxy chocolate.. I would say "Yipppeee, bring it on!"

I was cleaning out the trunk of my car today and ran across the mandatory "earthquake kit". I will be glad to not have to carry this around anymore. My earthquake kit is similar to what you see here. A backpack filled with; bottle water, toilet paper, pad and pen, flash light, duck tape, Sterno, thermal blanket, first aid kit, power bars and radio. Thank God I have never had to use the one in the trunk of my car. The 1994 Northridge earthquake destroyed the Santa Monica Freeway, I-10 and the 118 Freeway. If the earthquake would have happened during the day (instead of 4:30am) possibly many people would not have been able to get home by car and would have had to travel by foot.

I was telling a friend of mine today that I am really looking forward to sleeping a sound deep sleep. In the last 23 years that has only occurred when I have been at my sister's home in Houston. Why? Because there is a part of me that is afraid to go into a deep peaceful sleep because if the earth starts to rumble I had better get up and get in the doorway fast. Especially after living through the 1994 Northridge Earthquake which scared me half to death. It literally took about a year and half to collect my thoughts and get back to normal. We experienced tons of aftershocks with that earthquake.

I already told you what the pictures are.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment