Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Greetings from Beaver, Utah

I rolled out of California 3 years and 3 hours later than I wanted to..lol..lol

I wanted us to leave around 10ish yesterday morning, however, it just wasn't meant to be that way. The girl from the apartment complex didn't show up at 9:30 to do the walk through. She showed up at around 10:45.

I thought that my car was as big as the trailer to hold the furniture and therefore could not fix comfortably everything that I wanted to take in the car. So we filled a big box and went to the UPS store and had it shipped to Pennsylvania.

Then Bella chewed a hole in her nylon cat carrier so I had to find a Petco and get a heavy duty plastic one for the fierce kitty.

By then it was time to eat lunch so we stopped at Whole Foods. All and all, we actually began our drive out around 1:30.

The smog in San Bernardino is so unbelievably bad that I found myself holding my breath while driving. My anxiety level was high as I was wondering how many miles I would have to drive to see clean air. In case you are wondering... it's approximately 300 miles. After you pass Victorville on the I-15 North. The smog made me think of a Mad Max movie.

We drove from California, through Nevada, through Arizona and are here in Utah.

Driving was great. The speed limit was 75 miles per hour on most of our journey. We only got delayed a bit in Las Vegas as we hit it right at rush hour.

When we hit Utah we saw the most amazing rainbow. We actually saw where it began and where it ended. I told my guy, "I am taking that a sign of my new beginning."

The picture is of Beaver, Utah.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment