Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Last Night in Los Angeles

So last night my man said "What do you want to do your last night here?" Do you want to do something different, like go to an Ethiopian restaurant?" And I replied, "Wow, that's a great idea." Because I love Ethiopian food and haven't had it in a while.

There are a few blocks of Fairfax Blvd. in Los Angeles that is known as "Little Ethiopia". There are several Ethiopian restaurants and shops in that area. Last night we went to Messob restaurant and it was fantastic. The Ethiopian Honey Wine is unbelievably amazing.

After dinner I drove past my first apartment that I had here exactly 23 years ago.

I then showed my man where I stopped for the woman who got hit by a car.

And then I showed him where I found the dead man on Wilshire Blvd., in Santa Monica, at 3:15pm on a Thursday. BTW, he had been dead for 3 days.

I am getting ready to wrap everything up here and should be on the road in a few hours. I feel that I have ended my stay in Los Angeles very gracefully. Kinda like the way we should end our lives. Feeling that I did what I was suppose to do here and now it is time to move on and I have absolutely no regrets.

The picture is a map showing where Ethiopia is located.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment