Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving Details

Here is the tentative moving schedule. I use the word "tentative" because everything is subject to change. Shit happens! So if shit doesn't happen then my plans should play out. If shit does happen... then the plans I write here will be modified.

In 6 days (next Sunday, May 17th) I fly from CA to PA.

On Monday the 18th I meet with the real estate girl to show me places to rent in Bloomsburg, PA. That is where I want to move to. I have drove through the town several times and checked it out on the Internet. Bloomsburg has a University and that is one of the main reasons I want to move there. It is also a small town of approximately 15,000 people. I wanted a small town feel without a small town mentality.

I will be in PA for 3 days. During that 3 days I will agree to a place to rent, complete paper work, set up bank accounts, etc.

On Thursday, May 21st, my guy and I fly back to Los Angeles. We have 2 days to finish up with the packing. I will have the majority of it done.

On Friday, May 22nd, a trailer will be dropped off. I am using a company called U-Pack. My sister saw a commercial about this company and told me about it. It's pretty cool. My guy in PA also told me about companies that put your furniture on a load with a commercial haul and it doesn't cost that much. It will literally cost me half of what it would have cost me to rent a U-haul truck and drive it myself across country.

On Saturday, May 23rd, I have some professional packers showing up to professionally pack the trailer and tie everything down.

From Saturday around noon until Tuesday around noon my guy and I will be camping out in an empty apartment. Not one stick of furniture will be here. Just us, the blankets, pillows and 2 cats.

Monday, May 25th, is the Memorial Day Holiday and the weekend I arrived here 23 years ago.

Tuesday, May 26th, the apartment manager will come to do the final walk through and the trailer will be picked up. Both of these will occur before noon. As soon as these are done we hop in the car with my two cats and begin the approximately 5 day drive. It might only take us 4 days. I had the trip mapped out for 8-10 hours a day of driving. And I had it routed with the idea that I would be driving a 35 foot, loaded, uhaul truck. So a lot of steep terrain was avoided. I am going back to AAA today and have the route modified.

The trailer is scheduled to arrive in PA around Tuesday, June 2nd.

I am looking forward to all of this. I will be beginning another chapter in my life.

You know what this is a picture of...lol..lol...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment