Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday and YouTube

Hahahah... I bet you are wondering what Black Friday and YouTube have to do with each other... well, nothing, really... However, they are both two important things I want to cover in today's blog post.

I am excited that my blog is read by my friends in The Netherlands!!!! Thank you all!!!!

So there is no Thanksgiving in The Netherlands... hence, no Black Friday!

Today is Black Friday. It is the biggest shopping day of the year. Some of the department stores opened at 4am. The stores offer unbelievable savings on things for people who dare to get up and go to a store at that ungodly hour. A lot of analysis use this day as a predictor of how our economy is doing and what this holiday season will be for retailers. You will be able to hear about it on any news channel next week.

I am sooooo excited!!!!! I have been working on my YouTube videos and building my YouTube channels with the hopes and dreams of becoming a YouTube Partner. That means that YouTube will put ads on the screen when my videos are watched and I get checks in the mail! I completed an application to be a YouTube partner a year ago, but was turned down. My goal was to submit another application on January 1st. However, surprisingly, a couple of weeks ago I got an email from YouTube telling me that they were "sending me an invitation" to complete the paperwork. I completed it and today I found out that I am now a YouTube Partner. The ads are currently on 2 of my most watched videos.

It's all good I tell you... it's all good :-)

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. DennizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzNovember 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM

    Hey!

    Congratulations!!!!!!! You are an official YouTubeWizzzz!

    Grtz!

    ReplyDelete