Saturday, November 21, 2009

Greetings from the Mind, Body & Spirit Fair

It's wild how two unexpected events seemed to creep out of the wood-work this month. First, the radio interview and now this show. Both events sought me out at the last minute to fill in for someone who couldn't make it.

The event here today is interesting. There are about 25 vendors, 5 of who are psychic readers and healers. Okay, so there is a guy here name Ted and I saw these women sitting at Ted's table and he was stroking and looking at their hair and I have never seen anything like this before. I am shocked. I spent 23 years in cutting-edge California and I have never seen a psychic reading someones hair. Hell, I didn't even know it existed. Ted walked over to my table, where I have all of my books displayed, and he told me that he does hair readings, he uses sight and touch. Okay, so suppose Teddie has a hair fetish and he is using "reading" as an excuse to get off on running his fingers through the women's hair. I mean... I haven't seen one guy sitting down to get a "hair reading" from Ted. I would love to see him running his fingers through a guys hair.

There are also a couple of people selling these drinks. One drink "Ningxia Red" claims that drinking one ounce contains the same vitamins as if you had eaten something like 2 tons of fresh vegetables a day. Okay, not 2 tons... but pretty damn close.

And there is another guy who is selling "Euforia" which also claims that drinking one ounce contains one ton of fresh vegetables. This is a start up company, this year, and he is really looking for people to purchase distributorships.

Then there are the candle, picture, crystal, incense selling vendors.

Do you know what a witch ball is? I am shocked that I had not heard of it before. Remember I AM FROM CALIFORNIA!!! Well, it is this big glass ball that you hang in a window and it absorbs all of the evil energy before it gets into your home. The lady selling them is on the side of me. And people are purchasing the witch balls. It's wild!

There is one girl who is next to me that is literally raking in the money. She actually has a waiting list at her table. She starts off doing Reiki and then goes into reading the tarot cards but says that she can get messages from the other side. She charges $40 for 15 minutes. That's like $160 an hour. That's wild! No one here is doing as well as she is.

It's all interesting... I tell you... very interesting.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment