Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Thanksgiving Holiday

It's been around 50 degrees (10C) the last couple of days and a drizzle of rain. The weather website indicates it will be like this through Friday and then the sun will return on Saturday and Sunday. The weather website indicates that snow will come on December 9th. We all know from past experiences that anyone can predict the weather, it's like betting horses. You make your best prediction and then see what happens.

Today it will be around 80 degrees (26C) in Woodland Hills, California, and well... it won't change much in the next 15 days.

A lot of people will be traveling today to get to that special place for tomorrow. As a general rule of thumb, I very very rarely travel during the holiday time. Because I am self-employed I have the luxury of traveling anytime so I don't need to do it when lots of other people only have that this time to do it.

My special guy and I are going to his mother's house tomorrow. I am bringing a traditional pecan pie from New Orleans. I love the Internet and I love Gambinos Bakery in Nawlins! I have ordered lots of cakes from Gambinos over the years and they are absolutely great!

Yesterday, I switched my summer clothes in the closet for winter clothes. This is something that I have never really done before because in Louisiana and California the winter is so mild you can get by with your summer clothes. Our attic is somewhat finished and there is a large rod for clothes, so I hauled all the summer things up there and brought all the sweaters downstairs.

The picture is of another absolutely beautiful tree I photographed in my neighborhood.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. DennizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzNovember 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM

    Hey!

    Have a great perfect thanksgiving with lots of love and stuff :-D
    Hey, I wish we had thanksgiving and snow over here in Holland!!

    Grtz!

    ReplyDelete