Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Enough Already with the Death & Dying

Man oh Man, last week I received a letter from my friend, Nanny, that her husband of 64 years, Clay, passed away. He had a stomach ache and died. An aneurysm ruptured in his stomach. He was only uncomfortable for 3 days and he was gone. Nanny was in shock.

I met Nanny when I was 23 years old. We lived in the same apartment complex in River Ridge, Louisiana. She and I would lay out by the swimming pool together. Her husband, Clay, worked at the local steel mill. When Clay retired they moved back to Alabama and at that point Nanny and I became pen-pals.

On Saturday morning my wonderful neighbor Nanci called me and said, "Dottie my Mother called and said that my Dad is very ill and I should come home. Can you please watch my cats for me?" She left early Sunday morning to drive to upstate New York. I just received an email from Nanci that her beloved father passed away this morning. Like Wow, enough already.

I know it's normal and a part of life, blah, blah, blah... but so much, right now. I feel like I should run out and purchase sympathy cards in bulk!

My friend, Melita, inspired me to start this blog. next week Tuesday, February 9th, will be one year since Mel passed away.

Well, there won't be any excuses for people to screw up in the future cause we have a shit load of Guardian Angels looking after us.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment