Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sounds You Wake Up to in the Morning

It's funny, I was laying in bed this morning listening to the sound of someone shoveling their sidewalk and it reminded me of the sounds I have woken up to at different points in my life. More specifically different geographical areas.

In the south I would wake up to the sound of a lawn mower cutting grass. I loved that sound. When I am awaken to the sound of a lawn mover it reminds me of living in the south.

On the west coast I would wake up to the sound of helicopters flying over head. I hated that sound. And since I am a "gotta keep the windows open" kinda gal, I would have to jump up and close the windows.

Here on the east coast I have experienced both a familiar, but good, sound to wake up to and a totally different sound to wake up to. The familiar sound is the sound of lawn mowers and you hear them in the spring and summer. The sound I am getting use to is the sound of shoveling snow. I have not figured out whether the sound of shoveling snow is a good one or a bad one. Only my experiences in time will tell.

I took this picture when I was in Iceland. It is of the world's famous blue lagoons. It is said that these blue lagoons contain the most healing waters in the world. I don't know if that is true. I went into them however, I didn't have any ailments so I don't know if they actually heal. What I can tell you is that the sulphur smell gets in your hair and it is so hard to get it out. It literally took me about 2 months before I could get the smell out. The thought of shaving my head popped into my mind frequently during those two months.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment