Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Static and Stars

Wow, I have never seen so much static in the air as I have here in PA. At night I can brush my hand over the blanket and you can see tiny sparks. It freaks the cats and I out. Also, often when I pet them you can hear it and I think they can feel the spark of the static cause they jump a little.

See the star on this house, in the picture? The are on almost all of the houses here in Pennsylvania. I asked a local why they were there, did it mean something? And she said that it didn't mean anything and that about 4-5 years ago someone put a star on their house and then everyone decided to do it. It makes me think of Texas, because Texas is known as "The Lone Star State". And guess what? My sister lives in Texas, and while I can't vouch for what they do in the rest of the state, I can tell you that they don't put stars on their houses in her neighborhood.

It's funny cause a couple of weeks ago I was in Delaware and I saw a house with a star on it. I pointed it out to my friend and she said, "Oh, yea, Texas the Lone Star State." I was like "What? Do you know the people who live there? Are they from Texas?" She said that she didn't know them but that the star made her think of Texas...lol..lol... BTW, she is a native from Texas.

And you don't see houses in California with stars on them.... could be because the stars live in the houses in California..lol..lol....

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. These are called "Barn Stars" and they are quite popular in modern country decorating. Don't know any details on them.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I have never heard of "Barn Stars" before.

    ReplyDelete