Monday, February 22, 2010

What a Beautiful Weekend

The weather has been amazing the last three days. The sun has been shinning, blue skies and it's been about 50 degrees (10C). It felt warm to me so for the last three days there were no layering of clothes. I opened up my bedroom windows and let the cool breeze come in.

I spent Saturday checking out the tiny state of Delaware. Delaware was the 1st of our 50 states. It is an interesting state. It takes about 4-5 hours to drive from the top to the bottom and about 3 hours to drive from the southeast side to the southwest side. The farther you go south in the state the more farm land you find.

Delaware is a sales tax free state. I went to the Christiana Mall. That mall has every store under the sun. I haven't seen so many people at a mall since Clinton was president! It was wild!

The state of Delaware has income tax and it is 5.95%, which isn't really all that bad. That tiny little state makes almost all of it's money off of franchise corporate fees. Delaware has the most favorable "blue-sky" laws. Which are laws for taking a company public. Hence, the big players are Delaware corporations; Google, Apple, Sony, to name a few.

There is also a huge retirement community in Delaware which I thought was surprising.

I wanted to go back next Saturday and check out some more, however, the weather websites are calling for snow next Saturday in Pennsylvania and Delaware. I wish I could say that the weather man might be wrong, but with technology today they seem to be up with their game and pretty accurate.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment