Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yesterday's Blizzard



The blizzard is all over. Mr. Sunshine is looking down on us.

Click on the picture, it's a video. I made this video yesterday. I decided to take a walk and check it all out. The only places open on Main Street were The Dollar Store, Subway Sandwich Shop and The Candy Store. The Candy Store was packed with college students.

Today is when it is suppose to be bad if you didn't shovel your sidewalks, or shovel near your car or even brush the snow off of your car. Because today all that snow that fell freezes and you have a big blocks of ice blocking your car in, on your car, and on your sidewalks. Good luck moving those! Yesterday most of my day was spent running in and out shoveling and brushing off my car. I just went outside and I must say, I am in better shape than most in the neighborhood.

So it's all over... no more snow storms this winter. The Farmer's Almanac says that by April 1st it will be seasonally warm in the northeastern part of the US.

I am truly thankful for this experience. I feel that now I can hold an intelligent conversation about living through a blizzard. Been there... done that.. Next!

This I know for sure: my next winter will be spent in front of a fireplace, I will never winterize windows again and I will not be sweeping snow or shoveling snow from around my car again.

I will be making my last move in the US in a few months and the place I move to will have newer windows, a fireplace and a garage for my car! Yippppeee....

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment