Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We're Having a Hail Storm

Call me crazy... but I absolutely love the rain. There is something so natural about it. The grass, flowers and trees all get watered. Even the bugs get a drink.

We have rabbits in the neighborhood. Almost every day I see 2 or 3 in the back yard. We throw the tops and ends of carrots and celery in the yard for them.

On my adventures around Pennsylvania I came across the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania. It's worse than a ghost town. I mean, a ghost town would have vacant buildings. This place doesn't even have the vacant buildings. It's got roads and sidewalks and walk ways that use to lead to homes and buildings.

Some Dude (I know it wasn't a chick...lol..) was burning trash 40 years ago and the fire caught a vein of coal. They thought the fire was out but it wasn't. It was still burning underground. 40 years later and $40,000,000 dollars and the fire is still burning underground. That's wild! That's crazy! Click on the above link and read more about it.

A happier discovery was that of Gertrude Hawk Chocolate. Gertrude Hawk Chocolate is in Pennsylvania what Sees chocolate is in California. I have some and it is good, however, as I have said before my all-time-favorite is Galaxy chocolate. And I am very happy to report that I currently have some of that chocolate too! My brother-in-law made a recent trip to London and I asked my sister to ask him to pick us up some. He did really really good and came back with a giant bar, which my wonderful sister mailed me half.

The picture of of a hail storm.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo awesome!
    ...I would have purchased the piano, though!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehm... oopz, wrong one, lolz...
    Still; would have purchased Jacksons piano.

    ReplyDelete