Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lots of Life Changes... and it's all Good!

I have used this opportunity to make some major life changes.... ones that will last me a lifetime.

One major change is my diet. I am proud of the fact that my man and I ate zero fast food on our road trip. We were very conscious about our food choices and ate tons of fruit and nuts as "snack junk food". We also consumed mostly water. We did have a hot meal every day but it wasn't anything that was unhealthy the way that fast food is.

Life is very different here. I have already begun to make new friends. People in the south have that "southern hospitality" going for them. It's good, however, with the "Bless your little sweet pea heart" comes some line crossing and up in your business before you know it....lol...lol... lol... Here the people are very friendly and gracious without getting all up in your shit. For example, on Sunday morning while I was sleeping my special guy got up and washed the million of bugs off of my car from our travels. The house across the street is being remodeled and the guy working on it said to my man "Hey I am sorry that the dust from my remodeling got on your car. You can use the hose in my driveway to get the dust off." Of course my guy told him that it wasn't the dust from his remodeling on the car. I thought it was sweet.

Now don't misunderstand, I have had the occasional great neighbor in California. It's just with 18 million people you would think that kind gracious compassionate people friends would be abundant in California... and sadly it just isn't.

The picture is of my finger nails that I had done in this fancy plaid pattern for my round trip on the Concord to London. I have had an acyclic coating on my nails for the last 30 years. I began because of all the typing I do. I removed the acrylic 3 months ago and well... my nails do not look like the picture.

One of the other changes that I am going to implement in my life is to garden and begin growing my own vegetables. At this point in my life, eating healthy food, without pesticides is more important than having long beautiful finger nails.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dottie
    One thing I'm sorry about is that we didn't get to connect more as friends in person while you were here. You are an amazing friend to me.

    PA is an amazing place. Some of my happiest years were there in Bentley Creek (1 1/2 hour north of Scranton.) Watching my garden grow and then reaping the harvest is one of the best things ever. Oh, the joy of fresh tomatoes, corn and sweet peas...

    ReplyDelete