Friday, June 19, 2009

In Loving Memory of Steve

Wow, I tell ya.... it's the way that life plays out that gives ya that feelin' that there is more to it than we have any idea of. We can't see the big picture. And I have found that if you go with your gut feelings... you'll be glad you did in the long run and find out that "everything DOES happen for a reason".

I have been busy these last few days locating a new printer to print my newsletters for my business. Doing this was one of the very few things that was a bit sensitive for me.

16 years ago I found a printer in Reseda, California who printed my first business cards and my first newsletters. Two of the great things about this printer were Mary and Sue who worked there. I so looked forward to my quarterly visits to drop off and pick up my newsletters. We chatted about everything under the sun; boyfriends, husbands, hair color and psychics. The owner of the printing company's wife was dying of cancer and he had his hands full so he sold the business to Mary, and her husband, Steve. Mary and Steve operated Universal Copy in Winneta, California.

It was approximately 10 years ago that Steve and Mary began printing my quarterly newsletters. Saying goodbye to them was bitter sweet.

This week as I walked into the printers here I explained that I had a printing relationship of 16 years in California and was looking to begin a lengthy relationship with a printer here. One printer in particular stood out and it was because of this girl named Christine. She and I chatted up a storm like Mary, Sue and I would do. The printing quote came in as the most favorable and Blasi Printing Corp. will be printing my July 1st newsletters.

I was both shocked and saddened when I opened my email yesterday evening and found an email from Mary that Steve passed away last week. I saw both Steve and Mary the end of March as I picked up my last batch of newsletters that would be printed in California.

I was looking forward to shooting Mary and Steve an email telling them about my new printer in Pennsylvania. This of course was planned to be done after picking up my newsletters around the end of next week. I will still send Mary and email as we have kept in touch since my rolling out of California, 3 weeks ago.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment