Friday, June 12, 2009

Just a Few Differences in PA and CA


First, I would like to thank my friends who took the time to comment on my last post "Waves of Christmas". The comments were very interesting and insightful.

There are differences that most might not notice... however, I do.

For example, it takes longer to go in somewhere and get something done, especially if you have to talk to someone. Everyone here has the time to talk to you.

Yesterday, I had to go to the bulk mailing part of the post office and get information on a bulk mailing permit because I send out 1,700 newsletters every quarter for my business. There were two girls working and they asked me why I was mailing my newsletter "first class". I told them that's what I was told my only option was. They opened up my 4 page newsletter and said "You don't have any advertising in it so you can send it parcel post, which will only take about 2 days longer. Do you have any time sensitive information in your newsletter?" My response was, "No." Bottom line I will be saving about $500 a quarter when I mail my newsletters because these girls took the time to show me a better way. It never happened in LA. People rarely take the time like these 2 girls did.

I have a t-shirt that has an advertisement for a "Lost Kitty". It's pretty funny. I have had it for about 10 years and worn it a ton of times. Every time I wear it here people stop me to read my t-shirt. I can be at the grocery store looking at the produce and the person next to me will say "Let me read your shirt. Oh, that's so cute." Like 4 times in one day I will be asked if someone can read my t-shirt. I think in the 10 years that I have had the t-shirt only one stranger in Los Angeles has asked to read my t-shirt. Just different I tell you....just different.

Hey yesterday I got my PA drivers license!!!! Yeaaayyyyy.

I heard the news yesterday that July 1st, the sales tax in Los Angeles will go up again this year... to 9.75%. Like Wow.... just a few months ago it went up to 9.25%. Sales tax is paid on everything in Los Angeles. You do not pay sales tax in Pennsylvania on anything considered a necessity such as food and clothing! Like Wow, what a savings that is!

My sister took this picture of me at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles on her last trip.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Dennizzz from HollandJune 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM

    Haha, the kitty t-shirt! ...OMG thos PA people are like 15 years behind!

    ...just joking ofcourse!

    ReplyDelete