Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson....

Well, I am sure everyone around the world knows that Michael Jackson passed away today.

I never met him... however... here is one of my interesting life stories.

In 1998 I had to go down to Newport Beach, CA to take care of some business. My friends at the time, Hank & Judy, came with me. While I was taking care of my business Hank picked up a tiny newspaper and saw a tiny ad. The advertisement said "IRS Auction... the date... to be auctioned off; 1) The piano that Michael Jackson composed Thriller on; and 2) The Rolls Royce that Michael Jackson bought his Mom and Dad with the proceeds from the Black and White album. Apparently Michael Jackson's parents owed big money to the IRS. His parents lived on Hayvenhurst Drive in Encino, CA. My friends, Hank & Judy, lived just a few blocks away from them.

Hank tore out the ad and attended the auction. He put in a bid of $35,000 for the Rolls Royce and got it. The license plate said "BLK & WHT".

I rode in the back of that Rolls Royce a million times and even got to drive it one evening.

We use to joke around a lot and say that if they had not decided to come with me that fateful day and just casually pick up a paper... well.... that picture would not have been taken.

The picture is of Judy and I in front of the infamous Rolls Royce.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooooo awesome!
    I would have purchased the piano, though!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete