Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"You Sound Happier"



Those are the words that I have heard echoed from around the world! And YES, I AM HAPPIER!!! I was not happy living in Los Angeles for the last 3 years. In facts, I told my sister that I felt as if I were dying a slow death by being there. That's all changed now.

It's totally different. Almost like going to another planet (except they speak the same language).

For example, I went into a restaurant to eat breakfast and on the menu with my eggs were a choice of bacon, ham, sausage or scrapple. Click on the word and it will take you right to Wikipedia and let you know it is a Pennsylvania Dutch food thingy.

Okay, then there is this food called "pigs-in-a-blanket". This is not the traditional American Pigs in a Blanket, sausage wrapped in a bread pastry. These are Pennsylvania specific, pork and rice stuffed cabbage leaves. My special guy, the intuitive chef, made some night before last. Man they are good.

There are also a lot of different traffic signs. The one that I can recall from today was a stop sign with a white sign right below it that said "Except Turning Right'. That's a new one on me.

Today I looked at a 45 acre farm with a small house. The land isn't being farmed right now. I didn't go in and look at the house. Just walked around the land. Ideally I would love it to be 45 acres of woods.

The video is of a deer that was in the corn field next to the storage facility where my furniture is. He/she is in deer Heaven right now. Today I saw him/her dead along the side of the road, it had been hit by a vehicle.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment