Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yesterday I Turned 51 years old!

I guess I am like everyone else in respects to the fact that I never thought I would ever live to be 50 years old. Not that I live dangerously, just that 50 sounds sooooo old.

And guess what? 51 sounds even older.. lol..lol..lol...

I felt a bit of a shift in my energy last year when I turned 5o years old. It was as if I could now take my foot off of the gas-peddle-of-life and just coast the rest of the way. I thought to myself, "I have done everything I wanted to do in this lifetime, so every day from now on is a bonus."

I think that is what is very sad about a life cut too short. I personally know two people who passed away this year and both I felt were lives cut too short. The reason I say this is because I know that both of these individuals still had things that they wanted to accomplish and experience in this lifetime and they didn't get to. To me that's just sad. Life should be lived ... not wasted, wished away or preserved.

The picture of me was taken last night at my birthday dinner with my special guy.

The picture of the cake was my birthday cake I had last year. It was by far the prettiest cake I have ever had and I got it for myself. I had been looking at it for a year before my birthday and I decided that I would have to have that cake for my 50th birthday.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment