Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fireflys!!!

I was walking one evening and I saw this bright light flash by. I didn't say anything cause I thought maybe my eyes were tried and playing tricks on me.

The next night my special guy and I were walking and he said "The fireflies are out tonight." Which made me ask, "What's that?" Then he explained that the little flashes of light that I saw were from the fireflies. I had never seen a firefly before.

They look like flies except that they can light up their butts. How cool is that?

The thing for kids to do is catch them and put them in a jar. When the jar is shaken the firefly lights up his butt. They're are super cool to see.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. they light up when the jar is shaken because they bash off the wall of the jar, they light up when they splat on your windshield too.

    ReplyDelete