Monday, July 13, 2009

I am Moving Again!!!

Friday after posting my intentions of finding a place to live I got in the car and drove to Bloomsburg, which is about 45 minutes from Wilkes-Barre.

I picked up the tiny local newspaper and went to Applebees for lunch. I read through the ads and circled the ones that looked interesting. I called a couple and left messages (never got calls back). I saw this ad: Bloomsburg: Fine brick in-town 2-story. 3 BR, French doors, HdWd, tile, built-ins, 3 porches. All appls. $.

I called and began talking to the lady who owns it. Since Bloomsburg is a University town lots of renters are students. She asked me if I was going to attend the University. I told her probably. She asked me how long I would be attending the University before graduating. I didn't realize that she was trying to figure out if I was a conventional student. I told her I might attend the University until I die and never get a degree in anything, and I was laughing a bit. She... on the other hand... wasn't laughing... she said in a nice polite voice, "So how will you pay the rent?" And that's when I told her that I have a solid 16 year old business and I also told her my age. I could hear a sigh of relief in her voice. We agreed to meet at the property and I walked through it. It is really big and really beautiful. It's 2 blocks off of Main Street. So I can really walk everyplace I need to go.

My lease begins August 1st, however she left me a message yesterday and said that the place was all ready and I could come and pick up the keys any time I wanted and begin moving in.

I am super excited about getting settled for a while. I will resume my property search in the Spring as ultimately I want to own something.

So now the process of moving my business again begins. I really have this dialed in so it isn't really a hassle. Just a matter of putting the time in to do it.

The picture is of a sign I made when I lived in my old apartment in Woodland Hills. My apartment was at the end of a grassy cull-de-sac. Everyone who had a dog would walk them to to that spot to relieve themselves. It looked like a dog toilet outside and every time I would open the door to walk out to check my mail these huge lethargic flies would come into my apartment. I hated it. They were suppose to pick up after their dog and the apartment complex even had poles put up with plastic bags for them to use. One day I just couldn't take it any more and I made my sign. Guess what? My sign worked. It was up for 7 days until someone took it down and immediately after putting it up you could see a difference.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment