Saturday, December 19, 2009

Create, Create, Create

It's what I live for!

Eckhart Tolle, who wrote the books 'The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" said during the first online interactive course (the one he did with Oprah for the book "A New Earth"), that he had to move to California before writing his book "A New Earth" and that that is where the energy was for him to write the book. Did he say that there are places on the planet where there isn't any creative energy? No. But one would assume from that statement that the energy is greater in some places than in other places. I don't know how true that is. Maybe it's one of those things that is true for the individual and what he believes. I am not sure I believe this. I think that some places might be stressful and you may have a lot to contend with, and that might interfere with your creative flow. I am sure a calming environment would be one that is easier to create in.

I would absolutely love to be able to create everything that pops into my head. A few years ago I had a dream about these special lollipops. I have never tried to make candy before and I have never seen the kind of lollipops that were in my dreams out in the real world. I just did some quick Google search and think that I can actually get what I need and try to make them. Hummm... we'll see...

Yesterday I was talking to a friend in California and we were talking about my YouTube channels and he asked "What are you getting out of it? I mean you are spending so much time, are you making any money? Is it worth your while?" I told him that everything I do in life is not for the almighty dollar and that I really enjoy making the videos and that's my main reason for doing it. He said, "I understand sista." But you know what? I don't really think he did.

I don't think you can put a price tag on creativity. If you are truly a creative person you can create any and everything. You can create yourself into a corner or out of one...lol..lol... I think that if you can think creatively, you can think outside of the box and these days thinking differently makes all the difference.

The picture is of a sequined calendar that I make my Mother every xmas. I have been making them for what could be 30 years (I don't remember when I actually started). She had a very large nail in her kitchen and every year she would hang the new one on top of the old ones. It was a great idea because you could just flip through and see all of the older ones. Well, hurricane Katrina came and wiped them all out so now she only has 6 on a nail.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. W-O-W!!!!! What an inspiring blog! It is so true what you say. It is hard to explain to people what creativity does to you! Creativity is a powerful proces. It is about teaching the world through yourself, through the Universe :-D
    And I believe that you can earn hard cash when you really want to by only using your creativity, but it should never be the goal! (well, so far my personal proces, ...lol!

    ReplyDelete