Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweeping Up the Leaves

This is all new to me, and what a learning experience it has been. The ground is covered with these beautiful leaves. Today lots of people where sweeping the leaves to the sides of the streets. Tonight a big truck will come by and suck them all up. I was wondering what happened to all the leaves.

Today the wind was blowing and it was lightly raining golden colored leaves. It is truly a beautiful sight to see. Amazingly, the same trees that had green leaves just a few months ago are now sporting colors of orange, red and golden yellow. I really feel like I am living in a vivid oil painting.

My neighbors who live across the street from me are a couple from up-state New York. They told me today that in a couple of weeks all of the trees will be leafless. They were in up-state New York last week and said that all of the trees are leafless up there right now. That will also be pretty new to me. The trees in California never loose ALL of their leaves.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment