Monday, October 12, 2009

Hickory Run State Park in PA

If you love nature and hiking, then Pennsylvania is your kind of place. There are so many beautiful state parks to go hiking and explore.

Sunday we went to Hickory Run State Park hiking. There are many trails with lots of beautiful water falls. The picture is of the Boulder Field, which is a 16-acre, 12-foot-deep phenomenon created during the last ice age. It is truly an amazing thing to see. You can walk across the rocks, which I didn't want to do because most of the rocks I put my foot on moved. Just the thought of walking across those rocks safely made my stress level begin to rise. So I decided not to. In stead I just took the picture!

The leaves are a changing here and it is soooo beautiful. There is about a 6 week window in the fall wherein you can see the beautiful colored landscape. Click here to see a video I made of the changing leaves.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment