Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Farmer's Market Done for This Year

The small farmers market that is one block from my house closes for the fall/winter months. I went today and there was only one vendor. She said that they were taking it day by day (seeing how the weather is) to determine how much longer they will be setting up shop this year.

I will miss them. It's not easy finding organic produce and vegetables here. You can find them... but you really have to hunt for them. Whole Foods, which I love, is a 2 1/2 hour drive from here. We like to go there when we have other places to go in the area which will be soon as I am going to have to have my 30,000 maintenance done on my car.

And the closest Volkswagen dealership is about 2 1/2 hours away. Since my car is leased I need to have the maintenance done by a dealership. Speaking of cars....

What's up with Volkswagen's? They make me think of the BMW's with the electrical problems. My car is a 2007 Jetta and there is a light that came on that says I have a light burned out. I checked and there are no lights burnt out, so what's with that light on the dashboard?

This is the 3rd Volkswagen that I have owned and it will be my last. I am seriously thinking of getting a Toyota Camry. I have owned 2 Toyota's in my life and they just don't die and are virtually maintenance free. The first one I had for like 10 years and sold it. The second one I had for 13 years and it had 164,000 miles on it when I sold it for $600.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment