Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Snowing!

It's October 15th, 2009, and it is snowing!!!! Everyone here in PA has been telling me, "Just wait till November, that's when the weather changes". And what they meant was that the beautiful fall cool weather in the 50's and 60 degrees would go away.

Well, it seems like the weather has changed suddenly. However, I hear that after next week Tuesday, the weather will go back to the normal sweater weather.

Meanwhile, only 1/3 of our windows are "winterized". We were planning on getting it all done by November, when the weather changed. Tomorrow we will try to work on more of the windows. The weather report says it will snow all day tomorrow and we could get an inch.

Today was my first day of driving in the snow. Which I am not completely sure was the best of ideas as I really wanted to see the snow and everything around me.

It also was my first day about learning how to dress for the cold... by layering. The great thing is that now I get to wear the beautiful coat, jacket and sweater that I purchased on my visit to Iceland.

If you are in need of coats, jackets and/or sweaters, Iceland is the place to go shopping. There were hundreds of beautiful clothing to pick from. And just so you know... it's only a 6 hour air flight from JFK airport in New York.

It's currently 36 degrees and going as low as 32 degrees tonight. It is currently 87 degrees in Woodland Hills and going down to 61 degrees. Even though it is cold... I am still glad I am here.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment