Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What is it about Shoes?

98% of the women I know have too many pairs of shoes.

I think that most of the purchases are made because they are cool and somehow you have the thoughts that pass through your mind, "I'll wear these someday. An occasion will come up to wear these and I'll be glad I got them today." If you are a female you have definitely had these thoughts at some point in your life.

I have had several "cool shoe" moments in life. Hell, I even won a "Cool Shoe Contest" when there wasn't even one going on... only because the presenter at the convention had a shoe fetish! Go figure. I'll tell that story later on in this blog.

A couple of years ago I was having a stressful day for some stressful reason and I asked my friend, Robyn, to meet me at the mall to do some shoe shopping. Wow, what a day. I went into the first shoe store and found some lavender glittered pumps. I purchased them and immediately put them on and walked to the next shoe store. There I found some fab shoes and purchased them and then put them on and walked to the next shoe store. At the next shoe store I found another fab pair... purchased them and then put them on and walked to the next shoe store. We really had a fun time with lots of laughs and shoes. At the end I had 6 new pairs of shoes and I could actually say they were all worn at least once! That was my day of "Creative Shoe Shopping".

I am now putting the glittered shoes on eBay along with a lot of others. Those wild shoe days are another chapter... one I had a great time writing.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I am sitting here cracking up remembering that day - the sale clerks thought we were nuts!!!

    Oh yeah - and do tell about the "Best Shoes" contest - was that the lime green pumps?

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Robyn...the lime green "glow-in-the-dark" PATENT leather pumps!!!....lol...lol...rotflmao....

    ReplyDelete