Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend marks the end of summer. Most people take that last summer trip before heading back to school or sending kids to school.

For me, it's just another weekend. My intention this weekend is to not sit at my desk until Tuesday. Work has been busy so it is easy to just go sit at my desk and find something to do.

I have been putting a lot of stuff on eBay. My lifestyle is quite different than it was in California. And it will get more different as the years go on. I bet you are thinking, "Humm.... what does she mean by that."

If you know me, then you know that ultimately, in a few years, my time will be divided between here and Europe... mainly... Italy.

Life is much slower in Italy than it is here in the US. Life is slower in Pennsylvania than it is in California. So the transition of being in a slower pace of life for a few years, before moving on to a much slower pace of life makes a lot of sense to me. The idea of moving to Italy directly from California left me with images of me beating my head against the wall.. in a padded cell...lol..lol.. you really got to give your inner self time to adjust to the outer world.

In Italy their is a more quality of life. The freshest of foods and hanging out at the piazza with your friends. A lot of time everyday is spent thinking about food and people. The Slow Food Movement actually began in Italy.

The Slow Food Movement was originally created to combat fast food, however it has expanded over the years and countries to make aware the benefits of local farmers markets, the dangers of pesticides and much more.

At this point in my life, I am eating healthier than I have ever eaten. Tons of fresh foods and vegetables. Straight from the farmers themselves. I saw about a mile and half from where I live there use to be a Wendy's but it is now closed. I really think that the mentality of this small town is to eat healthy. Lots of people hit the Farmers Market 3 days a week.

In Italy fishing is prohibited in the Adriatic Sea for 3 months out of the year. This prevents it from getting over fished.

Meat is not imported into Italy. This is to prevent any Mad Cow Disease from coming into the country.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment