Thursday, September 10, 2009

California, Pennsylvania

Like Wow, I had no idea that there was a town in Pennsylvania called California. How weird is that?

It's home to the California University of Pennsylvania and a few other folks. The demographics on Wikipedia indicate it's a small college town, much like Bloomsburg.

By the way, on the map, on this post, Bloomsburgs is located slightly Southwest from Scranton and slightly northwest from Allentown.

I am taking this time right now, until next spring, to decide if I want to live in the city or on the outskirts. I wrote about this decision a few post ago. While I will not make an affirmative decision until next spring.... the scales are leaning towards the outskirts.

The weather is sooooo beautiful here that most of the year your doors and windows are open. Not only does the fresh air and sunshine come in but also noises that come along with people (i.e. car doors slamming, the recycling trucks picking up bags of bottles at 5am, cars, people talking, dogs barking, blah, blah, blah). You get the picture? And while I agree that these are normal noises unlike the sounds of helicopters and sirens.... I don't want to hear them at all. The older I get the more sensitive I am to the sounds around me. Call me weird or whatever... that's just the way it is.

Right now I am sitting on my bed, on the second floor of my home and I can hear my neighbor Mary talking to the neighbor, Nancy, across the street. I also hear a big truck somewhere off in the distance. The welcoming sound is the sound of the leaves rustling in the tree next to my window and my cat licking his paws.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment