Thursday, September 24, 2009

FaceBook

I am not the kind of person to do something just because everyone else is doing it. Hell, that's how Charles Schwab got started in the investment business. He said that if one person ran across the room to purchase a stock, ten people would follow.

I have to see how something will work for me before I do it. I know a lot of people who have spent a lot of time and energy doing stuff that everyone else is doing, because everyone else is doing it, and come to the conclusion, after countless hours and days have been spent, to discover it wasn't worth it after all.

I think I am probably one of the last people to reluctantly go onto Facebook. I really had to be talked into it.

I am glad that I did as I can stay connected with my friends in what seems like real time. I get to see what's happening in their life and at times I have even gotten to chat with a few when they have been online at the same time as I am.

I do not use FaceBook to gather friends... who aren't my friends. I am not interested in knowing what is going on in someones life that I don't personally know. I don't accept "friend invitations" from clients. I don't want my client's knowing that I went to Texas and had a great time with my sister and best friend, Luci.

I have friends who use FaceBook and Twitter to promote their businesses. More power to them. It seems like an awful lot of time and I hope it is paying off for them. It's just not something I really care to do. I post my videos on FaceBook to share.

Within the last 30-45 days I have had 3 friend invites from guys I dated like 25+ years ago. I only accepted one as a friend invite as he is married and has two lovely daughters and really just wanted to reach out to a friend from the past. The other two are divorced and looking for someone to date. I have to ask, "Who the hell looks up people from 25 years ago?" There's roughly 6 billion people on the planet. Can't they find someone new to date? I am in a relationship and even if I weren't I definitely don't want to go back to the past. Just me.. my thing.

I don't Twitter and don't think I ever will. However, I have learned.. never say never.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Haha, how true! Hey, ...you'll never Twitter? Wait till someone talks you into it :-D
    Great piece; so much you and fun!

    ReplyDelete