Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vinyl Records

If you are a baby boomer there is no doubt that you are lugging along, through life, a box of vinyl records. Why? I am asking you, just as I have recently asked myself.

I have iToons so I have songs on my laptop and my iPhone. I haven't had a way to play the records for over 25 years. And yet, I have moved them from one place to another. And let me tell you.. they are super heavy.

So are you saving them because you think that they may be of value one day? I can tell you right now that if that happens you might be long gone from this world. Just look on eBay, everyone and their mother's trying to sell their vinyl records. Right now there are 139 people trying to sell Rolling Stone vinyl albums. The prices range from .99 to $49.00. My albums are worthless. I listened to them a zillion times and I am sure one would hear scratches and static as loudly as the music.

So now I am going through the box and going to iToons to download the songs I really want. And the other thing about vinyl albums is that long long ago you may have had to purchase the whole album for one song. After that the vinyl records will go to Salvation Army, which by the way has a very large selection of vinyl albums.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment