Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Time is Flying

Friday morning I drove to the Philadelphia airport, which was 2 hours and 37 minutes from my home. I actually drove to the FastTrack parking lot and took a shuttle to the airport. Add another 30 minutes onto the drive time. 3 hours to get from my home to the airport, for a 3 hour flight to Houston. Go figure.

The drive was a bit stressful to say the least. It was my first time finding the parking lot and on top of that I drove in the rain the entire time. I don't really mind driving in the rain but trying to pass an 18-wheeler on the highway is hard to do with a constant sheet of rain in front of you.

My trip was one of the shortest I have ever made to Houston. I arrived at 2:00 pm on Friday and had to be back at the airport at 9:30 am Sunday.

It was great to see my sister and spend time with her. A bonus was that she drove me to Galveston on Saturday to have lunch with my cool friend, Luci. A great time was had by all.

It was hotter than hell in Houston. Upon my arrival back home, the weather had changed. The high has been in the 70's.

I think that with the stress of the weekend trip combined with the weather change is the reason I feel as if I am catching a cold. Today I begin my 5 day regiment of special vitamin cocktail that works like a charm. By day 3 I will feel much better.

The picture was taken at the Topanga Earth Day festival earlier this year. Someones got a very creative idea about how to make tea.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment