Friday, January 8, 2010

Yea, Yea, Yea, It's Cold!

Well in the last 24 hours I have heard from 3 different people in Texas how cold it is. And for those of you reading this blog that aren't in Texas. It is about 32 degrees (0C) right now and it will be going down to 16 degrees (-8.8C) in Jasper, 29 degrees in Galveston (-1.6C) and 20 degrees (-6.6C) in Houston.

Here in Bloomsburg, PA it is currently 28 degrees (-2.2C) and will go down to 16 degrees (-8.8c) tonight. Tomorrow the high will be 23 degrees (-5C) and the low will be 5 degrees (-15C) tomorrow night.

My friends and loved ones in Texas, I realize that this is not normal weather for the south. And you should realize that it isn't like it is going to stay this way for more than a couple of days. I have heard so much pissing and whining about the cold in Texas, actually more pissing and whining than I heard from my relatives who lost everything in Katrina. Maybe the Katrina victims were too in shock to whine. Only one of my friends in Texas will have her job affected by the weather because she has garage sales and people won't come out when it is too cold. I can understand her whining a little. And trust me, I know.... Ya'll hate the cold! It is a different cold down south cause you have the humidity and the cold feels like it goes to your bones. And that is why I am thankful that none of you in Texas are postal workers or construction workers ;-)

I am soooo thankful that I do not let things that I can't control, like the weather affect my happiness. And I would much rather be in the cold because all you gotta do is put every piece of clothes you own on or get under every blanket in sight and you will be okay. Now if you have every experienced heat, like I have in Los Angeles, 119 degrees (48.3C) there is nothing you can do to get cool. Air conditioners are maxed out and won't even blow cold air. Try cooling off the interior of a car that is 130 degrees (54.4C). Ouch!

I love you guys in Texas and know that you aren't suffering... just whining...lol..lol... Be thankful for the down time. Down we all wish we didn't have soooo much to do? Grab that book you have been wanting to read, watch that movie you have been wanting to watch, surf the Internet with a clear conscious that there isn't anything else you should be doing. And know that this too shall pass... nothing ever stays the same..... and this time next week your weather should be back to normal ;-)

This picture is one that I took when I went to Iceland.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Those of us in Texas aren't whining as much as simply making comments since this is a very unusual experience for us. My worry isn't that I can't brave the cold, it's how I will pay the heating bills when I am living on approximately 1/3 of what I have been accustomed to. - Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think that is where "not heating the whole house" would be in order and a space heater would.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete