Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In Loving Memory of Ruth

I found out today that my friend, Ruth Drassler, passed away last month. Ruth had just turned 93 years old.

I met Ruth while traveling in Switzerland in September 2005. We hit it off and saw a lot of sights together. Ruth was a librarian for many, many years, so there where lots of books for us to talk about. We exchanged addresses and kept in touch on a regular basis.

Ruth would leave her clothes in the hotel room upon checking out with a note "Please take and give to anyone in need." She would then fill up her suit case with lots of pretty things for her friends and family.

Ruth took weekly violin lessons and I admired that very much. Here is a video I found on youtube of Ruth playing Liberace's famous piano in Las Vegas on her 90th birthday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_sPFRoyBE

I am eternally grateful for the time that I got to spend with Ruth. She will forever remain in my heart and memory.

Ciao

1 comment: