Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's Been Going On

I went to Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania and looked at this home. It is in Wonderview Community and over looks the Susquehanna River. The home appeared to need interior paint and flooring to be in move-in condition. I put in an offer on the home and it was accepted. I hired an inspector to go out and check out the home. I was saddened to find out that it had plumbing and structural problems. About 6 months of work would have to be put into the home. This was not exactly what I wanted on my plate, so I canceled my offer. Then began the ton of paper work and lots of phone calls involved in stopping a ball that has begun to roll. A lot of people to deal with which makes it all a bit daunting. The experience was so unpleasant to me that I had to put the breaks on the whole idea of home shopping.

The thing is... I know I am definitely leaving California, at the latest end of May, this year. However, I don't exactly know where I am going to. This doesn't bother me at all. I have found that even the best of plans don't always go accordingly and hence a let-down can occur. I really love "winging" life. And I know that to many this may sound irresponsible. I can assure you it isn't out of irresponsibility that I love to live this way.

I have decided to begin a road trip next Saturday the 14th. On the 13th I will fly to Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania and from there I will drive through the state of Delaware and check it out. Heading to Virginia Beach, Virginia. From there I am going to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. From there I will head through Charleston, West Virginia to Savannah, Georgia. If I have time and decide to I may even go as far as Orlando, Florida. Truth be known, I might only go as far as Delaware and Myrtle Beach. Keep in mind that I am checking out places to live so I will want to stay and hang out if the place feels right or good. If I don't get a warm, fuzzy, fun, interesting feeling, then I am going to keep going. And chances are that I will be renting whereever I am moving to until I decide upon the place I want to buy.

The picture is of the house in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the house fell through. You find somethink better girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could live in Holland OR Disneyworld...
    In both cases; I'll bring you a visit, promise ;-))

    ReplyDelete