Sunday, March 29, 2009

In Loving Memory of Kitty

My beloved pet, Kitty, passed away this morning. I felt two emotions at the same time. I felt relief that he was no longer suffering, gasping for air and crying in pain and I felt the pain in my heart of not being able to have him in my daily life.

I feel as if I am in shock. It all happened so very fast. It was only last Sunday night that I arrived home at 10:30pm to find Kitty's health in decline.

You know life is really weird... no rhyme or reason... or so it seems. I started this blog a month ago because I learned the value of communicating through a blog when my friend, Melita, was diagnosed with a tumor in her lung and began her blog www.myleftlung.com. I think it is really weird and erie that a month after I have begun my blog I am posting about my Kitty dying from the same thing Melita had. It's just weird.

I have learned in my lifetime that even the bad stuff happens for a reason. And I am trying to find the reason for Kitty's life to be cut so short (he would have been 6 years old Memorial Day weekend). Of all the places that Kitty has lived, he loved this place the most. He loved being able to sit on the balcony and see the world. He loved running up and down the stairs like a cat on crack. He loved going for walks outside the front door on his hot-pink leash. I don't think Kitty would have been happier living anywhere else. Who knows he may have gotten really depressed if he would have had to move from here.

I know that sometimes we have to go down a bad road to get to a better place. It's just life. I have figured that part out. I feel as if I am on the bad road right now, but I know the better road is just ahead. I am moving across country and part of the move includes selling 90% of what I own. Before today I felt some hesitancy about selling my custom made sofa set, my dinning room table, my bedroom furniture. Well, I have absolutely no hesitancy now. In facts, I can't sell it all fast enough. I can't move fast enough. Kitty was such a large part of my life and there are memories of Kitty everywhere. He had more personality than 1000 cats put together.

Maybe Kitty passing away was something that had to happen for me to keep on track with my plan of moving. Maybe the godForce that looks after us knew that Kitty passing away would be what I needed to get on with my plan, without hesitation and at a quicker pace. Who knows. I do know that the next 2 months living here will feel sad for me. And I know that I now have another guardian angel looking out for me. Does it make me feel better saying that? No.

I do have another cat. Mario who is 14 years old and a cuddle bug. Mario loved Kitty dearly from the first time they met. I know that Mario will miss Kitty but will be fine. Animals don't get all emotional like we do.

I couldn't bring myself to put a picture of Kitty up for this post. The picture is the same that I have on my iPhone. Don't know whose pretty cat it is.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your gift of eloquent words - it has been a while since I have seen Kitty and your words made him come to life in my memories.

    I know this is hard for you - and for Mario. I am going to go watch Kitty on YouTube - you are in my prayers.

    Your Friend Always
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete