Monday, March 23, 2009

Say a Prayer for Kitty

Upon arriving home last night I found Kitty having a hard time breathing. I instantly found a 24 hour animal hospital and took him there.

Kitty was diagnosed with Rhinotracheitis, which is characterized by respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, nasal discharge, rhinitis (inflammation of the nose), and conjunctivitis (inflammation of the membrane lining the eyelid). It is usually seen in kittens.

Kitty will be 6 years old Memorial Day weekend (end of May). A chest x-ray was taken and he was given a steroid shot last night. He has to be given amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. He can't stand the medicine. I gave it to him this morning and his breathing was much better today. This evening he began foaming at the mouth when I gave him the antibiotic. He's eating but just not as much as he normally would.

Kitty is by far the smartest cat I have ever had. The picture is of him sitting on my files in my office.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Fang has Rhinotracheitis. Peace and love-light to Kitty <-----most innovative cat name ever :P

    ReplyDelete