Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No One Walks In LA

There is a song about how no one walks in LA. I am sure that one of the reasons is because Los Angeles County is so large and spread out.

However, the reason I don't walk that much in LA is because it is very dangerous. Every single day people get hit by cars, either walking or or standing on a street corner.

This morning I turned on the TV and heard 3 people got hit by a car. Yesterday morning 2 people got hit by cars. Both were UCLA students. Sadly the 18 year old girl passed away.

I worked with an attorney here in Woodland Hills and one day another attorney was hit by a car while walking home (just a few blocks from where I live) and it was fatal. She was only 42 years old.

I also know a girl whose 17 year old son was hit by a car while crossing the street just a couple of blocks away from where I live.

This is the stuff that happens here that just does not seem normal to me. I really don't think that it is normal to be turning on the TV every day and hearing that someone has gotten run down by a vehicle. It's not right... something is wrong with this.

The picture was taken in February 2003 in Ojai, California. Right after the picture was taken that Ostrich tried to take a bite of my hair thingy.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment