Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Desperate People Do Desperate Things

I guess it is a sign of the times.... desperate people doing desperate things.

I have lived in Los Angeles for 23 years now. It is common to have people outside of the drug store, grocery store or Starbucks asking you for money. Usually they are collecting for a so-called "charity".

20/20 did a show about these people and the money NEVER gets to the charity.

So today I parked my car and was walking in the parking lot to the drug store and this young guy approached me with a notebook in his hand and said "Hey I am trying to get money for college." I kept walking and said "Sorry I can't help you." And I walked into the drug store.

When I exited the drug store he yelled to me from across the parking lot and I kept walking. He kept yelling "Miss, Miss, Miss" and he finally reached me. I looked at him and said "You approached me when I was going into the drug store and I'll tell you the same thing I said before 'I can't help you'." He said "Well, f*@k you dumb bitch." and turned to walk off. I went after him and said "Yo Dude, you must really be new at this. You are suppose to say 'Thank you. God Bless You and Have a Nice Day.'" He shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

In all my time in Los Angeles this is the first time someone has been down right rude when asking for money. It's like all the panhandlers took the same course at the Learning Annex. And were instructed... ask politely and if they say "no" you reply "Thank you. God Bless You and Have a Nice Day." But this Dude... obviously did not take the class...lol...lol..lol...

The picture of me was taken in Las Vegas in August 1999.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment