Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'll Really Miss this When I Move

This is one of the things that spoils people who live in Los Angeles. The ratings the Public Health Department give to eating establishments.

I will only eat a restaurant that has an A outside. If it has a B, it means they aren't that clean ;and a C, means they may have found something dead in the kitchen.

I have eaten at restaurants all over the world. I have only gotten sick from eating at restaurants in the US. My sister lives in Houston and I have gotten sick a couple of time after eating out there.

The only time I ever prayed to die was when I got sick after eating at a food establishment in a mall in West Virginia. That was about 20 years ago and my sister was living there at the time. I have never ever been so sick in my entire life. I just couldn't take anymore and prayed for it all to end even if it meant my life too. My sister saw how horrible it was and while I know she loves me, I think she was praying that my prayer be answered.

It's funny, it's now a shared memory. Something my sister and I pull out from time to time. "Hey remember when I got so sick I prayed to die?" And my sister says, "Yea, that was really really bad."

I will also miss the ethnic restaurants that we have here in Los Angeles. Had I not moved here I would not have gotten to experience all of the different kinds of food in the world. I eat anything. To me, all food is good. There are different variations of good, but hell if I am really hungry, I bet paper will taste good too.

One of my favorites is Ethiopian Food. There's only one Ethiopian restaurant that I know of in Los Angeles and it is on Fairfax. Quite a drive from where I live so I don't go there often.

There's the Greek, Persian, Italian, Moroccan, Argentinian and Cuban restaurants. I love them all and will miss them... a little bit.. but not a lot.

I am actually looking forward to moving to a place where there aren't that many choices of places to eat. It will make it easier for me to have a healthier diet. I am also going to make some lifestyle changes when I move.

I never drank coffee until I went to Europe a few years back. I LOVE the coffee outside of the US. At first I thought it was only European coffee that I loved, however, in December while in New Zealand and Australia I fell in love with their coffee, in particular the "Flat White". So for the last 6 years I have been going to the Israeli Market and getting my coffee. I have looked online and can have it shipped to me if I really want it. However, I have decided to give it up completely and will look forward to my cup of green tea in the morning.

The picture is of the rating at the PF Changs in Woodland Hills, California.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment