Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rain...... Snow

It's still raining here in Los Angeles. Which means it will be another slow work day. The mail will be delivered 2 hours later than normal. One of the reasons is because yesterday was a holiday and then combined with the rain.... it really slows everything down here.

The thing I just don't understand is here we are getting snow in the mountains and on the "Grapevine" freeway and they are saying you can only drive if you have chains on your tires. To go up in the mountains to ski they are saying you need "studs" in your tires. In Pennsylvania people were driving around in the snow with no chains on their tires or studs in their tires. Maybe it has something to do with plows and salt. I am not sure ... something new to learn about.

I know that I said that I would be rolling out of California on Memorial Day (end of May) however I am feeling that it will probably occur in April. There were 2 reasons to stay until the end of May; 1) My apartment lease is up then; and 2) It's the official anniversary date of when I moved here 23 years ago. My reasons for moving in April are; 1) April is a slow work month for me as every one's busy with their taxes; 2) Gas prices traditionally rise in the month of May when schools are ending for summer vacation (keep in mind I will be driving across country); and 3) I am ready to go.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago when I was in Pennsylvania home shopping. Check out my coat, I got it in Iceland. I was in Iceland in February 2007. I actually purchased this coat and a wool jacket. I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them in California. They are perfect for Pennsylvania. I had on my water proof boots, leather and cashmere gloves, killer coat and hat and I was a warm as a bug in a rug trucking through the snow.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. C'mon it's not hard; follow your feeling! ;-)
    Snow fits you good!

    ReplyDelete