Thursday, August 13, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

I have been busy trying to simplify my life. It has been a process that I have been working on for quite a few years now.

Several years ago I told everyone I knew two things:

1) Please do not give me anything that I can't wear or eat. I don't dust or collect things.

2) They say you spend the first half of your life collecting things and the second half of your life getting rid of them. That is soooo true. Any gifts given will be something that I previously owned.

What I am not giving away I am selling on eBay. I wanted to have a lot of stuff eliminated from my life by the time that I moved from California. However, moving became more important than anything else and so I left with a lot of stuff that I didn't have time to get rid of. I did give a lot away... just not nearly enough.

Now that I am unpacking I have begun to put stuff up on eBay. I have found that making a video of something (where you can show the entire item - front - back -sides and bottom) and then posting to YouTube and then putting the html link in your item description to be the most efficient way to show your item without the additional cost of multiple pictures. This process is a bit time consuming, but worth it to me.

A bit more about Bloomsburg. The hottest it gets here is in the mid 90's. Yes, we have humidity but nothing like Florida has. I actually prefer the humidity to the dry heat. The moisture feels good on your skin and is good for your skin. Today we'll be in the high 80's. This is normal. I heard it was 108 in California this week. That my friends... is not normal. I hope I never experience heat like that again. Keep in mind the hottest I have experienced was 119 in Woodland Hills, California in August 2006. I also hear that Houston is experiencing heat in the 100's.

With the rain comes life and the bugs are out. I took a walk the other evening and felt nibbling on my arms and legs. I thought to myself "Wow, I haven't felt anything like this in the last 23 years."

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment