Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

I am finally here! Last Thursday night was the first night I stayed here. It was so incredibly quiet. I slept like a baby.

A bit about Bloomsburg.... population about 15,000 people. Small town feel... without small town mentality..... because there is Bloomsburg University here.

I currently live in the Historical District. Lots of beautiful Victorian homes, like the one in the picture.

For 75 years, in the 19th Century, iron was the ruling industry here.

I am in walking distance of every single thing I need. The post office is literally 1 block away.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the Farmer's Market is open in the town square (just a couple of blocks from me). Anything sold there must be grown or baked (from scratch) by the vendors. The Farmer's market runs from June through October.

There's a tiny airport and I am going to go and check into taking flying lessons. I think that's probably the next best thing to wanting to be a bird.

I am also going, this upcoming week, and register at Bloomsburg University. I have to take the Math placement class. I know I am going to have to take Remedial Math (which you don't get any credit for). Which is okay, because my special guy is a Mathematician, so I got the tutoring thingy handled. Math was the thing that put the breaks on me finishing my education at Santa Monica College. Now, instead of putting it off till last.... I am going to make it the first classes that I take.

Over the next couple of days I will write more about Bloomsburg, which will include the winged things that fly around here, friendly neighbors and more.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment