Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bloomsburg Stuff

In the Midwest there's this alarm system that sounds through the streets when there is a tornado sighting. It is a warning for everyone to take cover or get in an underground basement.

Since living in Bloomsburg I have heard this exact sound. The difference is that it isn't a tornado warning... it's a wake up call for the volunteer fire department. So like wouldn't it be better to just call the volunteer firemen and tell them, "Hey we have a fire to go put out.", instead of waking up the whole town? Shortly after the sound of the alarm goes away you hear the siren of a fire truck. Just more proof to me.. that I belong in the country.

The yearly Bloomsburg Fair is going on. I live 3 or 4 blocks from the fair grounds. I hear it all. I haven't been to the fair yet. I am sure it is like any other fair.... farm animals on display, arts, crafts, food and entertainment. To me it seems like the only people who really really enjoy fairs are children and old people. Just my observation. If I go it will be to just check it off of my list and I probably won't attend another one.

The picture is of the fountain on Main Street. It is 2 blocks from where I live. Across from the fountain is where the Farmers Market is 3 days a week.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment